Monday, November 15, 2004

Micro-Charity

I love this idea. http://www.strengthenthegood.com/ In general, I like to give charity close to home. Oftentimes my husband and I start with our extended family. When people in the family are in need we like to do what we can to help them. It seems to me people should take care of their own if possible. Wouldn't you rather see your charity in action and know what it is used for?

On personal note, my grandmother has been diagnosed with stomach cancer which has metastatized to her liver. She is 84 and has dementia, and they don't know how well she could withstand treatment. Thus they have decided not to treat her aggressively. Instead, they will try to make her as comfortable as possible as the disease progresses. Sounds pretty grim to me. I am happy to have spent a day with her this summer when she was relatively lucid. She met my daughter Lucy and seemed to recognize us and ask about the rest of the family.

My daughters website www.lucille-alsdorf-williams.com


No comments: