Thursday, June 15, 2006

Cops

Did you ever have a week where your life felt like you were watching the TV show cops. Whatcha going to do when the come for you?

In the lastweek, in addition to a friend of a friend going to jail, another friend of said friend, got charged with felony theft. This friend, of my friend, happens to be an attorney who is a self-professed "lousy business woman." In otherwords she is unable to keep her trust account correctly to the tune of $50k. This allegedly goes beyond simple malpractice. I shudder to think what the real story is. I am doubtful that $50k for a solo practitioner is a simple case of mistake and I know they wouldn't charge her if this was the only incident.

Then today I witnessed a hit and run. This is a first for me. I watched a white four door sedan hit a grey SUV. A young blond man got out of the car and surveyed the damages. He looked not quite twenty. He then got into his car pulled up alongside a friend and left. This wasn't a little scratch but rather a REALLY big dent in the hind quarter of the car. I saw this and so did another woman. The other woman got the license plate number. I wrote it down and she ran to the police office.

The officer looked up the license plate we had taken down and it turns out the offending car was stolen! The officer took my statement and told me that since I got a good look at him, if they compile a list of suspects that I might need to look at a photo montage or do a line-up.

2 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

oy girlie! What a week!! The police station starting to feel like home these days?

Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :o)

You were in the right place at the right time! Talk about perfect timing!