Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Daily Rant

I am not an unreasonable person, at least I don't think I am unreasonable. I got really angry about something today and my husband Bruce told me it would be helpful to rant on my blog. So here goes... I went out to my minivan today and it was covered in dirt. There was a 1/2 inch of grime covering the entire thing. I was really puzzled, but then I realised our neighbor is having work done on her house. They are putting in new doors and crown and base molding. The workers are cutting it all in her driveway. The wind had coated my car with saw dust. The workers obviously knew this was happening. They all disappeared inside as soon as I came outside.

What bothers me is that I would have GLADLY moved my car had they indicated I ought to do so. Ring my doorbell already! I will happily move my car! Instead I am thinking of passive aggresive ways to get back at the workmen. Any ideas would be gladly appreciated.

5 comments:

English Professor said...

1.Nails under their tires.

2.OBVIOUSLY taking their picture with a digital camera--heck, take pictures of their vehicles, too. They can just wonder why, and you're under no obligation to tell them. Just smile.

3. Introducting yourself. "Hi, I'm Gina. I'm a board-certified attorney. Do you have a personal attorney?"

Steve said...

List and explain all issues you see here.

Be sure to cite the appropriate rule of law.

I miss Torts.

English Professor said...

You could submit a letter to Ann Landers or Dear Abby, and tape a published copy of their response to the windshield of one opf their vehicles, or you might see if you can get your hands on an army-surplus rocket propelled grenade. My favorite for situations like this one. E.P.'s spouse. (less passive-more agressive)

English Professor said...

One more: invite Dick Cheney to come hunt in your driveway.

EP's better half

Kirsten said...

Scoop it up from your car, bag it, and carry it back to your neighbor's and drop it off with the crew (ooops, I didn't mean to drop/break the bag while handing it to you/setting it on your saw table!). Or else get a REALLY big fan and blow it back in their direction.